The Democratic party has created every social and economic opportunity, for people, especially, people of color. At one point, there were social-liberal Republicans, but now there is just bat crazy conspiracy theorists. Since conservatives often play the victim card, I felt it best to inform you sheep-house slaves about the truth. Here's a list, a verifiable list of what the Liberal Democrats have achieved in the lives of everyday people. Compare my list to your list of corporate welfare loving companies. Furthermore, Bush has been convicted of war crimes by a war crimes tribunal in Malaysia. (12). Bush has also been deemed a terrorist in Venezuela.
'1. The 40-hour work week.
4. Women’s Voting Rights
5. The Civil Rights Act of 1964
*Any opportunity be it unions, the five-day work week, health care, early child education, sexual education for teen (abortion rate is at the lowest in 40 years) Which is hoped for change in forwishing.,
6. The right of people of all colors to use schools and facilities.
7. Public schools.
8. Child labor laws.
9. The right to unionize
10. Health care benefits
11. National Parks
12. National Forests
13. Interstate Highway System
14. GI Bill
15. Labor Laws/Worker’s Rights
16. Marshall Plan
18. Direct election of Senators by the people.
19. Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Workplace safety laws
20. Social Security
22. The Office of Congressional Ethics. Created in 2008.
23. The Internet
24. National Weather Service
25. Product Labeling/Truth in Advertising Laws
26. Rural Electrification/Tennessee Valley Authority
27. Morrill Land Grant Act
28. Public Universities
29. Bank Deposit Insurance
30. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
31. Consumer Product Safety Commission
32. Public Broadcasting/Educational Television
33. Americans With Disabilities Act
34. Family and Medical Leave Act
35. Environmental Protection Agency
36. Clean Air Act
37. Clean Water Act
39. Public Libraries
40. Transcontinental Railroad and the rail system in general
41. Civilian Conservation Corps
42. Panama Canal
43. Hoover Dam
44. The Federal Reserve
46. The United States Military
49. Local and state police departments
50. Fire Departments
51. Veterans Medical Care
52. Food Stamps
53. Federal Housing Administration
54. Extending Voting Rights to 18-year-olds
55. Freedom of Speech
56. Freedom of Religion/Separation of Church and State
57. Right to Due Process
58. Freedom of The Press
59. Right to Organize and Protest
60. Pell Grants and other financial aid to students
61. Federal Aviation Administration/Airline safety regulations
62. The 13th Amendment
63. The 14th Amendment
64. The 15th Amendment
65. Unemployment benefits
66. Women’s Health Services
67. Smithsonian Institute
68. Head Start
70. Mine Safety And Health Administration (This has been weakened by conservatives, resulting in
recent mining disasters.)
71. Food Labeling
73. Peace Corps
74. United Nations
75. World Health Organization
76. Nuclear Treaties
77. Lincoln Tunnel
78. Sulfur emissions cap and trade to eliminate acid rain
79. Earned Income Tax Credit
80. The banning of lead in consumer products
81. National Institute of Health
82. Garbage pickup/clean streets
83. Banning of CFCs.
84. Erie Canal
87. Bail Out of the American Auto Industry
88. Lily Ledbetter Fair Pay Act
89. Wildlife Protection
90. End of Don’t Ask Don’t Tell
91. Established the basis for Universal Human Rights by writing the Declaration of Independence
92. Miranda Rights
93. Banning of torture
94. The right to a proper defense in court
95. An independent judiciary
96. The right to vote
97. Fair, open, and honest elections
98. The right to bear arms (Do you really think extreme right wingers would allow anybody besides themselves to have firearms if in power?)
99. Health care for children and pregnant women
100. A stable and strong government established by a Constitution
101. The founding of The United States of America
102. The defeat of the Nazis and victory in World War II
104. The Brady Handgun Act
105. The Glass-Steagall Act (It has since been repealed, and we’ve been paying the price for it.)
106. Oil industry regulations (The Gulf paid the price after conservatives tore many of these regulations down.)
107. The Affordable Care Act which makes insurance companies more honest and fair.
108. Woman’s Right to Choose
109. Title IX
110. Affirmative Action
111. A National Currency
112. National Science Foundation
113. Weights and measures standards
114. Vehicle Safety Standards
116. The income tax and power to tax in general, which have been used to pay for much of this list.
117. 911 Emergency system
118. Tsunami, hurricane, tornado, and earthquake warning systems
119. Public Transportation
120. The Freedom of Information Act
121. Emancipation Proclamation, which ended slavery
122. Antitrust legislation which prevents corporate monopolies (These laws have been savaged by conservatives, which is why corporations are getting huger, and competition is disappearing leading to fewer jobs and high prices.)
123. Water Treatment Centers and sewage systems
124. The Meat Inspection Act
125. The Pure Food And Drug Act
126. The Bretton Woods system
127. International Monetary Fund
128. SEC, which regulates Wall Street. (Conservatives have weakened this regulatory body, resulting in the current recession.)
129. National Endowment for the Arts
130. Campaign finance laws (Conservatives have gutted these laws, leading to corporate takeovers of elections.)
131. Federal Crop Insurance
132. United States Housing Authority
133. Soil Conservation
134. School Lunch Act
135. Mental Retardation Facilities and Community Mental Health Centers Construction Act
136. Vaccination Assistance Act
137. Over the course of nearly 50 years, liberals contributed greatly to the eventual end of the Cold War.
138. The creation of counterinsurgency forces such as the Navy Seals and Green Berets.
139. Voting Rights Act, which ended poll taxes, literacy tests, and other voter qualification tests.
140. Civil Rights Act of 1968
141. Job Corps
142. Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965
143. Teacher Corps
144. National Endowment for the Humanities
145. Endangered Species Preservation Act of 1966
146. National Trails System Act of 1968
147. U.S. Postal Service
148. Title X
149. Kept the Union together through Civil War and rebuilt the South afterward.
150. Modern Civilization" (9).
Without Democrats, it's rather safe to say this country would be a trash hole stuck in 'great depression.' In addition, you also suggest Obama brought no hope or change, but there are many accomplishment Obama has achieved, you just choose not to acknowledge them, which is the conservative default position. A claim without evidence, accuse without proof and degrade without substance. Conservative Republicans who lied to the American people to drag us into an endless war. It's people like you who had an 'end times' apocalyptic worldview that got us stuck in Iraq, thus creating what we today call ISIL. I know you don't believe George Bush lied to you, so I attached a video, a simple video; there are many articles on reputable sources explaining the same lies of the
1). WMD LIES - Bush Cheney Rumsfeld - THE ULTIMATE CLIP (Edited) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPJCPcYCupY
2). PROOF Bush Lied about an excuse for Iraq War: 'Saddam didn't let UN weapons inspectors in' is a LIE!
3). Saddam Hussein said he wanted to debate George Bush on television. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsJ0UaBDBo8
4). The Bush Administration's 935 LIES about Iraq war https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs4MxB18NHE
5). Bush Administration Caught Contradicting Itself 6 Times https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz-
6). WMD Lies - (Bush Administration) George W. Bush and his Lying Friends https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4RZO8y-R9k
7). Bush, Rumsfeld, Powell all lied about Iraq https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43U6ebNYEBI
8). Bush lied to America about the reason for going into Iraq https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9Qs0-F_CGo
Liberals Liberate the Poor
9). Stephen D. Foster Jr. (12 May 2012).150 Achievements Of Liberalism That Conservatives Seek To Destroy. Addicting Infor. http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/05/12/150-achievements-of-liberalism-that-conservatives-seek-to-destroy/
10). Sandhya Somashekhar. (2 February 2015). Study: Abortion rate at the lowest point since 1973. The Washington Post. http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/study-abortion-rate-at-lowest-point-since-1973/2014/02/02/8dea007c-8a9b-11e3-833c-33098f9e5267_story.html
11). Who Serves Black Voters' Economic Interests, Democratic or Republican Presidents? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-F1p6LJY4o
12). Court finds George W. Bush and Tony Blair guilty of war crimes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn8i4C5YBOs
Republicans, if possible, would bring America back to the 1580's both socially and to the 1980's Reaganomics. You know the failed policies of Ronald Reagan Conservative Republicans would have blacks subjugated, segregated, hell they would love blacks to be slaves, which, we have to be honest and admit the fact, blacks are still marginalized and thought to represent the victim card status. That is to say, most conservatives truly believe poor blacks are on a Democratic plantation of sorts or that blacks were only voting Democratic because they want "free stuff." While may sound cute to conservatives, it's an utter low to rationalize their false dichotomy and make sense of their false, flawed logic.
That's like saying people voted Republican because they love white racist, who try to snatch blacks vote before they get to the polls. Making is difficult for blacks, poor and the elderly vote, at all.
We give more to millionaire companies than we spend on all social benefits combined. Taxpayers pay for billionaire bonuses and unneeded illegal wars. Of which George Bush started. Furthermore, people vote for their best interest and their family's future, which Democrats push policies to help working families. Republicans are out of touch with reality. They think going to a foreign land studying
'Gog and Magog' a biblical end time reference George Bush had studied before and during the Iraq war is perfectly reasonable. It's rather disturbing that one would try to end the world through incompetence and misunderstands of biblical text, nearly 1 million people died directly or indirectly because of George Bush's 'war crimes.' And, what arose from the ashes of "Shock and Awe"? ISIL. You see, there was no terrorist in Iraq until George Bush invaded, but why did terrorist come to fight Americans, because we invaded their country, and now, we threw, Bush rather threw the country into a sectarian bloodbath.